Unfamiliar Dreams

Unfamiliar Dreams

Unfamiliar Dreams is a horror story written by Korine H. This story contains some events that may make you uncomfortable, so we advise you to take this as a warning. Remember that this story is still being developed and might not make sense in some parts. Other than that, we hope you enjoy the story.

Chapter 1

I woke up in a dark corridor. My head was hurting and I seemed to forgot what had happened. As I rubbed my head trying to relieve the pain, I felt a stream of liquid running down my head, all the way to my neck. When I checked what it was, I noticed it was blood. But why? Why was it blood? I didn’t feel any cuts or bruises. I peered down the dark cold hallway, with the only light being a tiny candle next to my feet. A lighter laid right beside it. I grabbed both of them and stood up.

I touched my neck to find a face mask. It was crumpled and I didn’t seem to have any use for it at the moment. I decided to put it on, just in case. I started walking down the corridor -bear foot- holding the candle in one hand, and the lighter in the other. The floor was made of cold stone, but I could see some blood splatters on the walls. Just as I reached a bloody metal door, I felt something beneath my feet.

There, laid a fresh, bloody dead corpse. It so happened to be a lady I did not recognize. Her lifeless eyes stared at me. They were pale and it looked as if she were about to reach out and grab me. Feeling uncomfortable, I reached for the door handle and grasped it tightly. I pushed the door open with ease and stepped over the dead body. On the other side of the door was a giant room. The floorboards were made of wood and the walls were decorated with roses. There were more dead bodies, but I couldn’t identify who they were.

Their faces were chopped off and some sort of flower would be rested upon it. This murderer seemed to have a brutal idea of what ‘beautiful’ meant. I was shaken when I heard the door close behind me. I heard something whisper in my ear.

“You’re next.” A chill was sent up my spine.

“Who’s there?” I turned around and swayed my hand around, as if it were a knife. I heard my lighter fall out of my hand. There was no one behind me. I couldn’t tell if I was hearing things. I bent down to pick my lighter up, just as I heard a faint clicking noise coming from the other side of the door.

It was like someone was tapping their foot, waiting for me. The noise was louder when suddenly, “CLANK!” Someone, or something, had struck the door with an unimaginable amount of force. I was so startled, I had tripped and fallen backwards. My head crashed onto the floor like a vase falling onto tiles. My head hurt so badly and my vision was blurry. The last thing I remember seeing was something staring back at me. Its eyes were big and the pupils covered most of it. I then blacked out.

One thought on “Unfamiliar Dreams”