Camp

Camp

A Short Horror Story

Chapter 1

I’m Viola. My friends call me Via for short though. Meet my friends, Daniel, Jenny, and Vince. Daniel was the type of guy most girls liked. He was the first one to start a party when he was bored, and ask a cute girl out on a date. He would also dive into a pool off of a  balcony if you dared him to. I didn’t pay much attention to him. One day he asked to come over for lunch and ever since we’ve been buddies. Jenny was a close friend of mine. I’ve known her since preschool. I was pretty much a crybaby when I was little but she was always there to cheer me up. Vince was the type of person who acted really creepy. He liked violence and scary things, but I wasn’t one to judge.

Daniel suggested that we go camping out in the woods. Me and Jenny hesitated but Vince was pumped up. We ended up going anyways. After an hour long time, we set up camp and messed around. We all soon fell asleep inside the tent.

Hours later it was about 4:00 in the morning. It was very dark and hard to see. Suddenly a moan from something startled me. I was too scared to look outside the tent. I shook Daniel. A face then appeared outside the folds of the tent. A creepy smile spread across its face. The skin of the thing was black and looked dry but shiny. Daniel woke up looking grumpy. He glared at me and I pointed to the thing. He turned and saw the face and jumped backwards. Vince and Jenny woke up but the face was already gone.

“The heck was that?” Daniel asked. They both questioned him. “Alright, everyone stay here.” Vince quickly stood up and refused.

”If you’re going I am too.” They both went out to check what was outside the tent. Then they both cursed. Jenny went out to see what happened. A dead girl was known the floor lying in a puddle of blood. Jenny got out of the tent. Then a demonic screech came from nowhere. Sharp black oozing sticks pierced all their ankles and legs. Jenny screamed in pain. They were then dragged away.

I was too scared to go outside, feeling I might die. Creepy black figures walked out and started devouring the dead corpse of the girl. I had no chance of surviving if i confronted them. I pulled out my phone and called 911. I waited until somebody came to rescue me. I couldn’t sleep. Scary doll moans and laughs pondered the air from time to time. After an hour, the black figures left. I exited the tent. There was blood everywhere.

Daniel mentioned before that there was was a couple who had a cabin near the woods. I decided to run to find the cabin. It took me half an hour to find it. When I finally found the cabin, I pounded on the door. A nice lady opened the door and let me in. I was breathing heavily. “Are you okay?” she asked. I nodded and she invited me to join her for a cup of tea. 25 minutes later, the girl looked pale. Then, she suddenly started puking blood. All of her organs came out of her mouth and I was startled. I ran out of the cabin. I looked back at the window. The girl was gone and her organs and everything else was gone too.

I ran out to the road, trying to flag down cars. Soon I was picked up by a car that looked like ours. I got inside the passenger seat and looked at the driver. It was Daniel. I was very uncomfortable then. “Daniel?” The guy looked at me and smiled. I checked the rearview mirror. Jenny and Vince were there too. 30 minutes later, I turned to look back at Vince. He had a gun and was smiling creepily. I turned and faced forward as he shot the glass. Shards of glass pierced my face and I felt blood spill everywhere. I then blacked out.

3 hours later, a rescue team came to get me. I woke up and was covered in bandages. Later after that, I started going to therapy. I felt like if was going insane that month and couldn’t calm down. A year later, I questioned if that ever really happened or if it was a dream.